Angle Nudge Keys

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-01-09 12:34:16

I was working on the placement of a whole load of small objects. For course placement I tend to drag them around with the mouse and Cmd-drag the handles to rotate. When it comes to fine placement I use the mouse to select an object then nudge them into place using the cursor keys.
What I'd really like to do is use a pair of keys to nudge them clockwise and anti-clockwise by half-a-degree or a degree. Would it be possible to add this in a future release? (Or is it already possible and I've just missed it?)
- Stef.

2020-01-09 14:31:15

I quite like this idea — I tried to look for something similar in a few other image editing/graphics apps (and Keynote, too) and I wasn't able to find anything, so I guess we'd have to come up with our own shortcut. Any preference? The trickiest part would be to make sure such a shortcut wouldn't interfere with any tools/existing workflows.

2020-01-09 14:56:03

Glad you like it. My gut feel would be to use two keys that are paired like '[' and ']' but those are already taken. Maybe something like ',' and '.' as those are loosely paired by having '<' and '>' on them on a Mac. Or another loose pairing like '9' and '0' or '-' and '='. Actually, thinking about it, any two keys that are next to each other would work pretty well.
Given a preference I'd prefer not to have to use modifier keys if possible.
Here's hoping this makes it into the mix.
- Stef.

2020-01-09 15:08:03

Sweet, those suggestions are solid — I've added this to our feature request list!