Local adjustments

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-01-11 17:48:47

This is the BIG one I am hoping for with pro

2020-01-13 13:33:35

Hey Gary, we're talking about Pixelmator Pro on the Mac here, right? If so, adjustments can be applied locally using masks and duplicate layers. So, let say you want to lighten one part of a photo, you'd apply your base adjustments, duplicate the layer, apply some more adjustments, then mask out the areas you don't need. At this time, adjustments cannot be masked directly on single layers themselves, but it's something we'd eventually like to add.

2020-02-11 14:14:38

Hi, Andrius.

You're right, actually, we can do this with the way you showed.
However, that flow might be verbosity than Lightroom.
I think most of the people who want to get LocalAdjustment want to adjust only the lighting.
For example, more lighting up the subject.

What do you think?
Or, I might don't have enough techniques of Pixelmator Pro.

Thanks for your awesome applications.

2020-02-12 08:48:30

by muukii Hi, Andrius.

You're right, actually, we can do this with the way you showed.
However, that flow might be verbosity than Lightroom.
I think most of the people who want to get LocalAdjustment want to adjust only the lighting.
For example, more lighting up the subject.

What do you think?
Or, I might don't have enough techniques of Pixelmator Pro.

Thanks for your awesome applications.
I think you're right — applying adjustments using masks directly to one layer would be simpler and more intuitive. There are some technical things we'd need to work out to make this a possibility and it might not fit into the workflow of a layer-based app like Pixelmator Pro but we'll keep this in mind. Though if we ever add adjustment layers, that would probably work for most people.

2022-07-24 16:53:49

Any news on this? It's a pain to do local adjustments right now in Pixelmator Pro. Really makes me want switch back to Lr...