Upcoming vector features — pre-emptive request

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-03-17 10:33:42

I’m pretty stoked about this prospect.

However, I have tried Pixelmator (and Pro), Vectornator, Affinity, Amadine (good, little-known program), and they all—except for Amadine—get this one thing wrong.

Here it is...

When using the Direct Select tool in Illustrator and Photoshop, one must be able to lasso or select multiple, discrete vector points among multiple objects (located on multiple layers) at the same time, so that one can move, transform, scale, or align those points. Moreover, one must actually be able to apply scale and transforms to just vector points from the same and multiple objects. Too many programs allow for only selecting discrete points from a single object.

So, say, I have a vector illustration of a flower and each petal is its own object. If I want the tips of two petals to align, I need to select a single point from each, so that I can move them together. So no matter what your version of a Direct Selection Tool will be, let me select many points — anywhere — on the canvas.

Simple. Keep this in mind as you put the whip to your devs. Cheers & wash your hands.

2020-03-17 11:50:46

Teelar, thanks for the request, we will of course keep it in mind. Have you had a chance to take the 1.6 beta for a spin?

2020-03-17 22:44:51

I’m poking around, and now that I’ve got time at home…

I’ll try and draw a comic in it, see how far I can go. I do like exploring the changes and features.

2020-03-18 11:52:31

Sweet, if you have any feedback, you know we'd love to hear it!