Shape builder

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-07-03 00:16:35

Hello, im trying to create a shape, the problem is that when im creating a shape the program lacks a way (or i couldn't find it) to cut all the pieces of a combined shape in parts so i can move them around or delete parts that i no longer need. Even tough i don't really like adobe products, Illustrator has an amazing tool for this, maybe you can take some hints, its called the shape builder tool.

2020-07-07 15:45:46

Although we don't have that particular tool, we do have the ability to do something quite similar — if you select all the shapes you'd like to combine, you can Control-click them in the Layers sidebar and choose Unite Shapes. After doing that, you can Control-click the shape layer again and choose Merge Shape Components. This won't behave in quite the same way as the shape builder does in Illustrator, but it should, hopefully, do what you're looking for. If it doesn't, it'd be great if you could let us know what kind of shapes you're looking to combine and what kind of effect you expect to see!

2020-07-07 22:08:20

by Andrius 2020-07-07 13:45:46 Although we don't have that particular tool, we do have the ability to do something quite similar — if you select all the shapes you'd like to combine, you can Control-click them in the Layers sidebar and choose Unite Shapes. After doing that, you can Control-click the shape layer again and choose Merge Shape Components. This won't behave in quite the same way as the shape builder does in Illustrator, but it should, hopefully, do what you're looking for. If it doesn't, it'd be great if you could let us know what kind of shapes you're looking to combine and what kind of effect you expect to see!
Thanks for your answer, i'll give it a try.

2020-07-08 07:43:23

Awesome, let me know how it goes!