Save as

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-10-18 21:00:50

Is there no way to do a "save as"? I expected to find this under File in the menu bar. Export and Duplicate are not exactly what I need. Could I ask that this be added? Thanks.

2020-10-19 10:53:09

This is default macOS behavior, the Duplicate command replaced the Save As command as the default one quite a few years ago, but if you press and hold the Option key while the File menu is open, you'll see Save As appear instead of Duplicate.

2023-06-13 08:24:20

Hi, I'm also missing this function. Typically I open a project I have worked on previously and want to make something similar, then use "Save As..." to save the new project. Now, even if I hit the Option key and select "Save As..." it becomes identical to the previous project since it decides to store the changes both in the old project and the new project. Then it becomes a Duplicate. Which is not what I want (then I would have chosen Duplicate instead).

So, I started out from an old project and realize that I cannot store the new project without deleting/forgetting the old project (replacing it by the new one). This is terrible. From all other apps we are used to having a "Save As..." button that can store a new file/project without touching the original one.