Future Features Poll

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-11-29 09:46:09

HI - I was wondering if it would be possible for the Pixelmator Team to create a poll of potential features, which users could vote on - ensuring that updates implement the features that users actually need.

The features with the most votes could be prioritised.

I want Pixelmator Pro to be my main image editing program, so I really want Pixelmator to get some of the more basic features which are absent, thus preventing myself (and other designers I know) from switching.

Would be very disappointed if user requests were ignored in favour of non-basic features.

2020-11-29 10:36:56

I agree
But first of all I want small fixes like tools to remember the settings to the next time I use it. The name "Pro" means? Not only lot of features, it also means that it could be used to work fast. A computer is good to remember things, so you don't need to do them every time.

2020-11-29 13:19:23

Exactly. Lots of new features are great, but if basic editing features are absent, then professional designers will not switch over.

2020-12-02 13:02:08

One important thing to note here is: while we definitely don't ignore user requests, we're also not the kind of people who are driven entirely by what our users ask for. There's a pretty good Steve Jobs quote out there that goes:
Some people say give the customers what they want, but that's not my approach. Our job is to figure out what they're going to want before they do. I think Henry Ford once said, 'If I'd ask customers what they wanted, they would've told me a faster horse.' People don't know what they want until you show it to them. That's why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.
Now, it's also very important to say we've added literally hundreds and hundreds of things we may not have added had they not been requested and pointed out to us by you guys, either here, on Twitter, via email, etc. But if there was a list of "most requested features", I can guarantee our development would not involve going down the list and ticking things off one by one, while ignoring the mountains of other ideas that we have, some of which may not initially appear to be as popular.

And Sven-Erik's point about small fixes and improvements that speed up people's workflows is very pertinent – those kinds of requests aren't always the most popular because it's not necessarily easy to articulate them, though they're often what make or break the user experience. So we have to do our best to trust our judgement in balancing popular requests, features that no-one has thought to ask for yet, new Apple technologies, constant refinements to the UI/UX, and other things.

With all that said, I'm not entirely against this idea, it's just that I wouldn't want it to mislead people. We're active here on the forums and every request does get passed on to the rest of the team so talking to us is a good way to get us to consider your needs and wants. :wink:

2020-12-03 21:10:29

by Andrius
With all that said, I'm not entirely against this idea, it's just that I wouldn't want it to mislead people. We're active here on the forums and every request does get passed on to the rest of the team so talking to us is a good way to get us to consider your needs and wants. :wink:
I haven’t created a new thread, as I figured a simple quote would suffice. Have been a lurker for a while now and have been primarily using PM Pro for a few days. Just wanted to say, keep up the good work! By far the easiest to use and get used to, while having a powerful set of features and having the best performance.
However, the forum search here is horrendous at best. So forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but something that I would be interested in would be having a dedicated sticky for WIP features. Just because I’m like a kid at Christmas and want to know what’s coming haha.
Also, just a request for an easy smile transform feature. (Easy way to add missing teeth, add/remove extra emotion, etc.) similar to the Neural filters for PS. As well as a simple, foolproof way to blend and stitch layers.

2020-12-18 15:01:02

by Mistersprinkles 2020-12-03 19:10:29
I haven’t created a new thread, as I figured a simple quote would suffice. Have been a lurker for a while now and have been primarily using PM Pro for a few days. Just wanted to say, keep up the good work! By far the easiest to use and get used to, while having a powerful set of features and having the best performance.
However, the forum search here is horrendous at best. So forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but something that I would be interested in would be having a dedicated sticky for WIP features. Just because I’m like a kid at Christmas and want to know what’s coming haha.
Also, just a request for an easy smile transform feature. (Easy way to add missing teeth, add/remove extra emotion, etc.) similar to the Neural filters for PS. As well as a simple, foolproof way to blend and stitch layers.
We don't really want to reveal too much about future updates as we like the element of surprise, but we do drop hints in various threads here and there, so I guess the best thing is to just keep an eye out for our comments.

P.S. We'll also see what we can do about improving the search experience...