Color Adjustments - Blending Modes, Opacity, Reorder & Multiples

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-12-23 00:23:15

Hi there

I think that the color adjustments should work like the effects panel. Specifically:

1. Instead of having all effects in a long list, there should be a button that opens a drop down menu, from which you can select the individual color effects one-by-one
2. There should be blending modes and opacity for each individual color adjustment
3. You should be able to reorder the color adjustments
4. You should be able to have more than one instance of each color adjustment on each layer

This would greatly improve the color adjustments :)

If I could have it my way, I would probably have effects and color adjustments all in the same list, so they could be "interweaved", allowing for great flexibility for creative effects. But that's maybe a little much to ask :)

Loving Pixelmator Pro <3

2020-12-31 07:28:15

Good point

2021-01-05 09:45:28

Thanks for the feedback, soer9459. While the improvements may seem pretty straightforward, the internal structure of the color adjustments simply wouldn't allow such changes. Essentially, there's a very specific order in which the color adjustments can be applied to images. Any deviation from this structure would require an unnecessary use of resources, meaning the performance and the quality of the adjustments themselves would suffer too. It would be interesting to learn more about your workflow in general, but if you really need to apply adjustments in a different order or change their blending, you can flatten the old adjustments before applying new ones. Although no longer nondestructive, this technique would still work.

By the way, if you scroll down the list of color adjustments, you'll see a Customize button there. Here you can choose which color adjustments to display by default and which ones to hide, if that's what you meant in point 1 of your feedback.

2021-05-22 20:08:04

I agree that it would be advantageous if users could customize the order that color adjustment options appear in. If you use a lot of color adjustment tools, that would reduce time scrolling to find what's most frequently used. It would be nice for users to be able to do something as simple as drag the Hue & Saturation panel above Lightness panel, etc.