Rotation trackpad gesture

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-12-24 23:18:32

Is there a way to turn off trackpad canvas rotation on the trackpad? I frequently rotate the canvas without meaning to and would like the ability to turn that off in preferences, please.

In fact, as I mainly work with photos and not illustrations, it would be preferable to be able to have the option to rotate or turn selected objects on the canvas using the trackpad gesture, instead of the entire canvas.

Speaking of objects, sometimes I want to cut or delete all the objects I have on a canvas and start over from scratch with different objects/photos, but I've found that the canvas oddly requires at least one object or "layer" on the transparent or basic background at all times. It sure would be nice to excise that requirement so I don't have to wait to delete the last object until after I add new objects.

Thank you, and thanks for making such seriously awesome software!

2021-01-05 09:35:18

by Harris 2020-12-24 21:18:32 Is there a way to turn off trackpad canvas rotation on the trackpad? I frequently rotate the canvas without meaning to and would like the ability to turn that off in preferences, please.
There's a Terminal flag for this:
defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x canvasRotationGestureEnabled -bool false

by Harris 2020-12-24 21:18:32 In fact, as I mainly work with photos and not illustrations, it would be preferable to be able to have the option to rotate or turn selected objects on the canvas using the trackpad gesture, instead of the entire canvas.
Interesting idea! I've added this to our feature request list.
by Harris 2020-12-24 21:18:32 Speaking of objects, sometimes I want to cut or delete all the objects I have on a canvas and start over from scratch with different objects/photos, but I've found that the canvas oddly requires at least one object or "layer" on the transparent or basic background at all times. It sure would be nice to excise that requirement so I don't have to wait to delete the last object until after I add new objects.
Yeah, this was quite a fundamental decision made quite early on in the development of Pixelmator Pro and it's one that we've discussed changing, it's just that it's quite a significant change that would require a fair amount of testing. But we do have it in mind.
by Harris 2020-12-24 21:18:32 Thank you, and thanks for making such seriously awesome software!
Our pleasure! :pray: