Crop Tool

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-01-29 16:20:32

Version 2.0.4 Junipero Pleas fix the Crop tool! Today we use Pixelmator (Version 3.9.2 Classic (201201.1932)) and save to desktop and then back to Pro. Please fix this so it works like Pixelmator Classic.

2021-02-01 16:21:23

Hey there. Is there anything specific that isn't working for you in Pixelmator Pro? Or are there things/features in Pixelmator Classic you'd like to see us add to Pixelmator Pro?

2021-02-01 17:15:46

https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 16&t=18202
Please take a look in Pixelmator classic how that works, 90% of the times using Pixelmator Pro it went wrong, and the opposite using Pixelmator classic.

2021-02-02 16:39:24

Hi!
I tried to solve two issues today but I can't seem to find the way to do it!
1- How to crop a single layer without cropping the whole project (I know how to do this with selection-invert-delete) but I thought that the crop tool should be able to do this simple task
2- How to refine and make smooth the edges of a masked portrait image taken with an iPhone

2021-02-02 17:09:26

by Sven-Erik Olsson https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 16&t=18202
Please take a look in Pixelmator classic how that works, 90% of the times using Pixelmator Pro it went wrong, and the opposite using Pixelmator classic.
To crop using original image dimensions, you can hold down the Shift key on your keyboard before dragging any of the crop box handles. As for remembering the last-used crop ratio — the feature is in our to-do.
by Mario Achi 2021-02-02 16:47:10 1- How to crop a single layer without cropping the whole project (I know how to do this with selection-invert-delete) but I thought that the crop tool should be able to do this simple task
2- How to refine and make smooth the edges of a masked portrait image taken with an iPhone
1. For now, that's how the Crop tool works in Pixelmator Pro. It crops the entire image rather than individual layers. Although, a separate mode for cropping layers is probably something we could think about.
2. If you need to smoothen out the edges of the entire mask, try applying a Gaussian effect (Format > Effects > Blur > Gaussian) to it. If it's just the specific areas you want to adjust, you can also use the Soften tool to draw on the mask.

2021-02-21 07:45:14

sometimes you just need to crop a single layer, then move it here and there. how can I do that?
I was reading some posts about this but I couldn't find the answer. :😳

2021-02-24 10:32:46

by ale 2021-02-21 05:45:14 sometimes you just need to crop a single layer, then move it here and there. how can I do that?
I was reading some posts about this but I couldn't find the answer. :😳
That would have to be done using selections, either destructively or nondestructively. A destructive workflow (deleting the cropped areas of an image) would be the following:

1. In the Layers sidebar, click to select the layer you'd like crop
2. Choose the Rectangular Selection tool
3. Draw a selection of the areas you'd like to keep
4. Choose Edit > Invert Selection (or press the Shift-Command-I keyboard shortcut)
5. Choose Edit > Delete (or press the Backspace key)
6. Chose Edit > Deselect (or press the Command-D keyboard shortcut) to clear your selection

To crop a layer nondestructively (hide the cropped areas of an image), simply replace the steps 4, 5 and 6 with the steps below:

In the Layers sidebar, Control-click the layer containing your selection choose Add Mask.

Hope that helps!