FR: Basic feature

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-07-01 01:54:56

Im seeing pixelmator pro trying to catch many new user witl ML feature and other unique feature. But, still lack many basic feature. In this FR, i write a little list that I want to know if all of this is in your roadmap before really sure to buy this product.

1. Multiple canvas/ artboard
2. shortcut for switch color between fill and stroke
3. boolean devide
4. round corner tool
5. add point/ node using pen tool
6. add pdf format for multiple slice export
7. support eps format (i'm microstocker, eps and psd is format many microstock web support )
8. checkbox for align multiple object to canvas
9. move color picker from toolbars to tools
10. isometric guide
11. vertical type
12. assets/ icon library. more good if have integration with free photo web, like pixel, unsplash, etc.
13. add none, square, rounded, arrow, etc option for end of paths

2021-07-05 13:34:03

Hey! We might not be able to add all of your mentioned features to Pixelmator Pro but we'll be looking to improve the whole experience with vector tools moving forward. At least the option for switching between rounded and square ends of paths I know for sure is on the roadmap.

2021-08-19 15:22:14

I just found this after much searching! Please have the option to at least have rounded or square ends. I'm trying to draw a scale bar, and it's more of a scale sausage :sob:

2021-08-20 02:45:48

What about Live Gradient ? We are having to drag the gradient every time we edit the color. Of all the graphic app out there, we only need to drag once.

2021-08-27 08:02:59

by tomg 2021-08-19 12:22:14 I just found this after much searching! Please have the option to at least have rounded or square ends. I'm trying to draw a scale bar, and it's more of a scale sausage :sob:
That's on the roadmap for the next batch of vector-related updates. :ok_hand:
We are having to drag the gradient every time we edit the color. Of all the graphic app out there, we only need to drag once.
I believe that's the Gradient Fill tool you have in mind? For the gradient to automatically update when changing color, try using the Gradient Fill effect instead. You'll find it under Format > Effects > Fill > Gradient Fill.

2022-02-08 00:02:38

TEXT to SHAPE included in roadmap? I'm ditching adobe photoshop, XD and affinity designer if you get those things listed above LOL. Especially ARTBOARDS! Artboards in adobe XD are superior as well as in figma. Imagine selecting several artboards and pasting an image in place and it's applied to all selected artboards at once. Such fine workflow right there. But I tend to work on several apps just to 'assemble' what I need. Vector in affinity designer, raster in photoshop, artboards and export in adobe XD.

2022-02-08 09:47:51

For Text-to-Shape it´s Format->Convert into Shape - done.

2022-04-10 11:25:48

by Aurelija 2021-07-05 11:34:03 Hey! We might not be able to add all of your mentioned features to Pixelmator Pro but we'll be looking to improve the whole experience with vector tools moving forward. At least the option for switching between rounded and square ends of paths I know for sure is on the roadmap.
Yes please - having just round ends in vector paths is very limited; a rectangle normally built from 4 nodes needs here 2 color filled shapes - subtracted from each other ending with 8 nodes to maintain sharp edges. Just a simple example. And a svg rectangle with sharp corners will be converted to round corners in PixelmatorPro. Thanks for listening.

2022-04-13 17:48:00

Yes please - having just round ends in vector paths is very limited; a rectangle normally built from 4 nodes needs here 2 color filled shapes - subtracted from each other ending with 8 nodes to maintain sharp edges. Just a simple example. And a svg rectangle with sharp corners will be converted to round corners in PixelmatorPro. Thanks for listening.
Hi Ellen, you'll be pleased to hear that improvements to this are in the works right now!