Convert vector path with stroke to new shape

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-08-05 21:07:49

I would like to be able to draw a vector path, then add a stroke with some thickness, and finally convert that to a new vector shape. I can do this currently by pressing command and selecting the path in the layer panel. Then I convert the selection to a new shape. But this is not exact. Depending on the complexity of the path, it may lose significant detail.

Is this possible now and I just don't know how? Or is this a potential new feature?

2021-08-10 10:09:54

I agree with this request, although Stroke and Fill would suit being able to merge into a path, they are ultimately Style filters. Perhaps an additional button next to Flatten Style could be added called Flatten Styles into Vector and it isolates just those styles.

Similarly I have requested the Merge Shape Components feature to be added to the Tools sidebar, considering it is used with the Combine tools. I could see your proposed feature to flatten styles into a vector also part of such a tool.

2021-09-08 11:22:06

by tbirdgnv 2021-08-05 18:07:49 I would like to be able to draw a vector path, then add a stroke with some thickness, and finally convert that to a new vector shape. I can do this currently by pressing command and selecting the path in the layer panel. Then I convert the selection to a new shape. But this is not exact. Depending on the complexity of the path, it may lose significant detail.

Is this possible now and I just don't know how? Or is this a potential new feature?
It's not something you can do in Pixelmator Pro right now but it's something we could potentially add at some point down the line.
Similarly I have requested the Merge Shape Components feature to be added to the Tools sidebar, considering it is used with the Combine tools. I could see your proposed feature to flatten styles into a vector also part of such a tool.
Noted! Also something for our design team to consider. :pray: