Create a proxy item for shapes, text, symbols, groups etc

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-12 18:49:27

I am currently on BigSur - ineligible to go to Monterey where shortcuts might permit the desired functionality - until they make an Apple silicon machine I want.

While PixPro allows simple duplications of any of these listed items, you cannot modify all the duplicated items, except individually.

My former graphics tool was Canvas - yes I am that old - until it was bought by some other company and eliminated. Canvas permitted you to identify an item as an original, a proxy - you could then make duplicates as you liked. If you needed a change you could go to the proxy item, make modifications as desired and that change would be made on all the duplicated items. Additionally, you could remove any of the duplicates from the proxy list and individually make changes as desired.

For example I might have a small group of items: ♣️♦️♠️♥️ and I can duplicate that group as much as I want. But now I realize that it is the wrong order and should be: ♠️♥️♦️♣️ In Pix Pro I must start over or correct any of the duplicates individually. In Canvas, with a proxy list, I could go to the original - change it to what I needed - and all of the duplicated items in the list would change to the new order.
It was a simple elegant way to make massive changes and I think many people would find it useful too.

2021-11-15 09:24:57

Thanks for the suggestion! This is actually something you could also do (at least to some extend) in Pixelmator Classic using layer linking but the feature didn't make it to the initial versions of Pixelmator Pro. We'll keep it in mind for the next round of layer management-related updates. :ok_hand: