Preset Enhancements

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-23 17:14:21

I would like to request several updates/adjustments to presets. I want to move completely from Lightroom over to Pixelmator Pro, but the two items below I find myself going back to Lightroom.

1) Preset list display as text list. It would be easier to give presets names and select the name of the preset you are after in the list. As it sits now the previews are basically worthless. They are so small that you can't even tell what changes are going to be made. Perhaps on preset hover it should show a preview of changes on the active document/image? I find myself applying a preset than undoing just to see what changes it will make.

2) Selective Presets - Correct me if I am wrong, but the presets take every color adjustment applied to a photo and place them into the preset when created? I would like apply Lightness adjustments to a photo that are specific to that photo, then apply a preset that contains my color grading directly to that photo once the Lightness has been applied. So let's say I just want the preset to contain Selective Color & Curves, that would be the only thing that preset adjusted on a photo.

2021-11-25 13:09:50

Hi chasexplores and thanks for the feedback! I've passed your suggestion about the presets list to the devs. I think a live preset preview is a neat idea. :ok_hand: As for selectively applying presets — it's something you can already do in Pixelmator Photo right now by locking the specific adjustments you don't want to change. We'll see, we might be able to bring this functionality over to Pixelmator Pro as well.