Add "add mask" icon to tools bar

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-12-14 20:11:03

I use the "add mask" function all the time. It would be useful to have the icon available in the tools bar on top, so that the "add mask" can be done with a single mouse click. I suggest to make this icon available in the "customize tools" dialog box, e.g. not enabled by default.

2021-12-14 23:50:02

How do you access "add mask" right now? I ask because I use right-mouse-button-click on the used Layer for calling "Add Mask" and don´t think an extra icon will speed up this call. Just out of curiosity.

2021-12-15 06:56:04

Ellen, a two finder tap on the trackpad, move, and click is slower than a single click. I understand that not everybody is looking for this shortcut, hence the suggestion to make the icon available in the settings for those who want it.

2021-12-15 08:38:39

Peter,
I agree, the 'Add layer mask' icon would be a great speedup feature, esp. with an option of adding an inverted mask. But as it's not a tool (meaning, it doesn't actually alter layer pixels, like the Brush or the Eraser do), its more appropriate place would be on the Layers palette, alongside the Delete Layer icon (also a nice little feature to have).

2021-12-15 08:46:22

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll have this in mind for future Layers sidebar improvements. In the meantime, perhaps a keyboard shortcut would also be an option? Since Add Mask option is available from the top menu (Format > Mask > Add Mask), you can assign a custom keyboard shortcut to it via System Preferences and use it to add masks.

2021-12-15 22:04:01

Thanks Aurelija for the shortcut tip, works in the meantime until a one-click add mask feature is available.

2021-12-17 16:35:52

by Peter Th 2021-12-15 20:04:01 Thanks Aurelija for the shortcut tip, works in the meantime until a one-click add mask feature is available.
:ok_hand: