TRACE OBJECTS......?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-12-22 03:07:47

Would it be possible to add the ability to import an image, then trace the image and create a shape out of the selected image?

and the ability to do the same with selecting a color and then tracing it out.

I feel like this would be a perfect add on with a few other little tweaks.

2021-12-22 09:35:46

Image Trace as a feature is not available in Pixelmator Pro right now (though it would be an interesting future project) but you can create shapes from selections. While it may not work for vectorizing the entire image (especially if it's a photo), you can use this for tracing specific colors. Select Color Range tool combined with Convert into Shape command shouldn't be that far off from what you're looking for.

2021-12-22 14:41:38

Thank you for reaching back out. with a large work flow or basic use. It might be possible to do it that way but it all adds up in time. Yes it is a very very very veryyyy useful tool thats needed more often than none. please don't look over the little things as they make up the bigger picture.

2022-01-05 13:52:38

by Reon 2021-12-22 12:41:38 Thank you for reaching back out. with a large work flow or basic use. It might be possible to do it that way but it all adds up in time. Yes it is a very very very veryyyy useful tool thats needed more often than none. please don't look over the little things as they make up the bigger picture.
No promises but we'll be sure to keep it in mind!

2022-07-07 04:53:08

by Aurelija Image Trace as a feature is not available in Pixelmator Pro right now (though it would be an interesting future project) but you can create shapes from selections. While it may not work for vectorizing the entire image (especially if it's a photo), you can use this for tracing specific colors. Select Color Range tool combined with Convert into Shape command shouldn't be that far off from what you're looking for.
Hello Aurelija

I knew about Select Color Range but Convert into Shape just now, I didn't really notice it but it's great, it makes combining shapes more optimal.

Thank you!