Direct access to the Photos library (read AND write)

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-12-25 18:36:27

I feel a bit frustrating to use Photos to access Pixelmator Pro as an extension.
Pixelmator Pro can open photos from the Photos Library, but they must be saved "outside" of it.
The possibility to update directly the content of the Photos library would really be a "+" (I know it's possible, as RAW Power does it)

2021-12-26 11:37:06

Not sure how you do it - but I can save my edits directly to the images in Photos - but macOS can restore edited images as always ("back to original").

2021-12-26 12:03:48

I'm speaking of the "full app", not the extension. With the Pixelmator Pro app, you can open directly a photo in the Photos library (File > New from Photos), but I didn't find a way to save the modified document back.

RAW Power, which I mentioned, has this capability (it has also - as its name implies - the capability to tweak the RAW processing engine of macOS, which is also a nice thing but another subject...)

2021-12-26 15:24:16

Ah I see. I wonder what "Overwrite Original" is for then?

2021-12-26 15:53:56

Ellen, where do you find this command or setting? I looked all around and didn't find it...

2021-12-26 20:26:31

Here:

2022-01-05 14:00:20

Back after one week of holidays, I'm trying this but for me the command is always greyed and inactive, or even sometimes not shown.

I tried to work with different types of files: a jpeg on my HD, from the Photos library or a .pxd file, same result in all cases. Also the shortcut (shift + command + O) is not listed in the manual page (https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... r-pro/1212)...

It seems either a leftover or an unfinished feature...