High end portrait retouching

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-01-08 20:19:31

Hello All,

1) It would be of great help if we get some tutorials/features which makes high end portrait retouching easier.
2) Lightroom kinda library feature where one could rate an image and add edits from previous image to new images.
3) Export high quality images for instagram.

2022-01-11 10:11:11

Thanks for the feedback, Sharan. Noted! As for exporting high-quality images for Instagram — could you expand a little more on that? Are you looking for a direct share to Instagram function or something else?

2022-01-11 10:46:38

Hi Aurelija, Thanks for your reply, No i am not looking for a function which does a direct share to instagram, instead i am looking for guide to upload high quality images to instagram, what i mean by that is instagram does a compression of image when i upload which degrades the image quality. So i want to know which ML operation in pixelmator pro that i need to use when i set aspect ration(4:5) and image size 1080 pixel(width) which are recommended by instagram. We currently have some ML operation for resolution but i dont know which one to use. So basically if i upload a image it should look exactly like i exported it from pixelmator pro.

2022-01-11 11:44:35

Oh, gotcha. I think there's a setting for this within Instagram itself. If you go to Instagram Settings > Account > Data Usage, you'll find the option for high-quality uploads option there. It should apply both to photo and video uploads.

2022-01-11 13:17:49

Great thanks ! i will give it a try, but it would great if we get some feature for High end portrait retouching in the near future. cheers !

2022-01-18 11:32:58

by Sharan 2022-01-11 11:17:49 Great thanks ! i will give it a try, but it would great if we get some feature for High end portrait retouching in the near future. cheers !
We'll see what we can do!