Show distances between ruler guides

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-01-12 19:45:08

It would be great if there was an option to show bubbles mid-way between guides with the distance between one guide and the next (or edge of image). See attached.

2022-01-13 12:26:47

Good idea, Colin, we'll think about that! In the meantime, you can check the distances between guides by dropping some rectangle shapes on the canvas and fitting them between the guides. The width (for vertical guides) or height (for horizontal guides) of those shapes will be the same as the distance between your guides. Not the most elegant technique but it does the job.

2022-01-13 14:23:04

Yep, thanks for the suggestion!

Another way is to create a guide in the centre of the screen, then drag from the top left corner of the ruler bars to reset 0 to the middle of the image. Now guides can be dragged out left and right to measure distances. (So it's a way to get 2 measures instead of just 1.)

I also use a tool called XScope that creates full-screen guides. But then I have to have the image at 100% to get an accurate read. XScope's guides can also be locked at a certain distance from each other and dragged as a group, which, come to think of it, would be a nice feature for Pixelmators ruler guides too! I guess "Steal these guides" is what I'm saying. :-)

https://xscopeapp.com/guide#guides

2022-01-18 11:41:44

Another way is to create a guide in the centre of the screen, then drag from the top left corner of the ruler bars to reset 0 to the middle of the image. Now guides can be dragged out left and right to measure distances. (So it's a way to get 2 measures instead of just 1.)
That's also a great way to do it, too. And thanks for the link, I've shared it with the team for inspiration. ;)