Help with painting on a previously saved Pixelmator project.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-03-19 19:46:28

I have an ongoing piece of work, it is a map for a D&D game, and I saved it by having a background image that I paint on and a layer plus a mask over it so that I can reveal areas.

I have opened the project/work to add some more painting to it, basically a line on the map where the players have been the previous session. But I can't paint on it, I am choosing a colour and a brush type and then dragging on the map but nothing, however when I press COMMAND + Z it says it is erasing what I have done, so it is painting somewhere. I have swapped the background layer to the front and back again, tried different colours and nothing is showing when I try to paint. It is really annoying me as I am sure I have been able to do this before.
So it must be something I am doing which makes it even more annoying.

Can anyone please help?

2022-03-20 11:32:45

Hard to tell - but it should say "Undo Paint" when you hit cmd+Z after painting. Maybe a screenshot of your workspace incl Layers + tool box could help.

2022-03-20 13:16:59

Hi EllenM, it is working now and I have no idea what I did to rectify it.

Although, another slightly annoying thing is that when I create a text box, I can't move it around the canvas/paper/map. I can expand it or shorten it but not just drag and drop it somewhere else on the page.

2022-03-20 20:33:40

by Garry Miller 2022-03-20 12:16:59 Although, another slightly annoying thing is that when I create a text box, I can't move it around the canvas/paper/map. I can expand it or shorten it but not just drag and drop it somewhere else on the page.
Sounds strange to me. Can you give step-by-step instructions?

2022-03-21 17:15:34

Again, I closed it down re-opened it and it is working again. Bizarre indeed.