Layer Shape Focus

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-03-25 10:10:39

The worst and most annoying part of Pixelmator is that when you press Esc, it throws away the selection of the selected - edited letter or shape. (surrounded by a blue square) (not about pixel selection)

The layer is still selected (you can't even have a layer that is not active), but the shape can no longer be edited, its properties set. If I set it, nothing happens, because it will change the values of the shape to be created. This is not very logical, since you can't have more than one path or letter in a layer anyway, it's pointless.. and it's confusing to have an active layer but not editable...

Not good .. but still acceptable ... But what is very annoying is that it is difficult to reselect for editing. The only way to select is to click on another layer and then again on the previous one. It's incredibly annoying.

A simple solution could be to :

1) Clicking on the active, selected layer (in the layer menu - list) would put the shape or letter back into selected mode.

2) If a dedicated hotkey was created for this, or if Enter was used for this in general.

It's very very confusing... after several years I still can't get used to it, please do something about it.

2022-03-25 10:19:52

And yes .. I know that if I click on the form again, it will be checked again and modifiable, but :
When there are many layers on top of each other, it is almost impossible, and even groups can interfere.

And what would also be important is to have a clear indication in the panel that I am now setting the color, properties of an existing and selected shape ...
Or the new shape before creating it ..

You might think this is fine as it is and you just need to get used to using it ... but no ... it's a distinctly confusing and malformed problem, not officially called a Bug, but very confusing in the long run.

2022-03-29 11:28:22

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I can see what you mean. I believe we can look into this for the next Pixelmator Pro update. :pray:

2022-03-29 17:28:44

Can you promise me ? Because we have read these words many times and nothing has happened in all these years...

I really liked this little program, it has many shortcomings, but for the price it is good. However, this problem is so annoying that I would rather go to the competition and my students complain about it a lot.