List of terminal commands

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-03-25 10:32:27

Because unfortunately we get these answers to quite a lot of problems. I understand, because I am a programmer, I know how much time it takes to implement a menu. ( No, it's not...)

So it would be nice if these commands were collected in a public place that is easily accessible to others. And they should not be searched in the forum .. often hopelessly long ...

It is not a big job but it would make life easier for many people. (Especially for beginners)

2022-03-25 14:30:28

Here is a start, my zsh aliases for the pixelmator pro that I have gathered so far; there may be many more.
The pxmread one could be useful

## start pixelmator stuff pxm on/off
alias -- pxmtextmathon='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam pixelmator.x enableTextFieldMath-bool true'
alias -- pxmtextmathoff='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam pixelmator.x enableTextFieldMath-bool false'
alias -- pxmzoomInverton='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x scrollToZoomDirectionInverted -bool true'
alias -- pxmzoominvertoff='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x scrollToZoomDirectionInverted -bool false'
alias -- pxmspliton='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x enableMLSplitViewComparison -bool true'
alias -- pxmsplitoff='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x enableMLSplitViewComparison -bool false'
alias -- pxmfull='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x fullSizeQuickLookPreview -bool true'
alias -- pxmsave_off='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator disableAutosave -bool yes'
alias -- pxmname_on='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x enableSmartLayerNames -bool true'
alias -- pxmname_off='defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x enableSmartLayerNames -bool false'
alias -- pxmread='defaults read com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator | less'
## stop pixelmator stuff pxm on/off

2022-03-29 17:37:29

Great !
This is more than nothing. :-)

Interesting... it didn't list it for me, only when I typed it:

defaults read com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x

2022-03-30 16:40:15

by Varjubacsi Great !
This is more than nothing. :-)

Interesting... it didn't list it for me, only when I typed it:

defaults read com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x
Yes, only inside the single quotes will work with the terminal.
I use zsh for my shell. The aliases (eg. 'pxmread') are my shortcuts for the command strings.

2022-03-30 16:46:58

Yes, I know .. how the terminal commands works :-)
I just said that because I think, missed the .x at the end of the line.

»» Domain com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator does not exist

2022-03-31 18:36:03

by Varjubacsi Yes, I know .. how the terminal commands works :-)
I just said that because I think, missed the .x at the end of the line.»» Domain com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator does not exist
Sorry, the terminal is foreign to many people; you can never guess what level we may be at. If you run across any more pxm terminal commands let us know.