How to make eyes pop in pixelmator pro

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-05-13 20:22:59

Hi,

I am new to pixelmator pro but has some experience of Lightroom and photoshop. I know how to make eyes pop in these platform but not able to do in pixelmator pro.

I will be grateful, if someone can guide me through the steps.

Cheers,
Anoop

2022-05-17 13:29:49

Hi Anoop, It's tough to try and give you exact steps without more context (example images, what your workflow was like in Lightroom/Photoshop, etc.), but generally, here's one way how you can nondestructively perform adjustments to a specific area of your image:

1. Open your photo in Pixelmator Pro and create a new Color Adjustments Layer.
2. Choose the Quick Selection tool and select the eyes of your subject. Click the Select and Mask button if you'd like to soften or otherwise further refine your selection.
3. Control-click the Color Adjustments layer and select Add Mask, or, if you used Select and Mask, set the Output mode to Mask and click Apply.
4. Select the Color Adjustments layer and make your desired adjustments in the Tool Options pane.

The exact amount and type of adjustments needed will vary depending on the photo and the effect you'd like to achieve, though generally, it'll be some form of increasing saturation, contrast, highlight brightness, a bit of sharpening, etc.