Bad preview on small zoom for document with shapes

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-10-09 10:43:17

Pixelmator 1.1.5 (but same issue for older version)
macOS 10.13.6
iMac 27" Late 2013
NVidia GT755M 1024MB

I have faced with issue in case of document with many vector elements. It looks ok for big zoom level. But when I zoom out document I see blurred image document (even big text became blurred) and see strange stripe-like artefacts (see attached screenshot). Certain look depends on zoom.

Here is the link to the PXD document: http://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/tiles11.pxd.zip

2018-10-12 18:07:07

Hi Vlad.

I used to have the same problem in previous versions of Pixelmator Pro and I thought it was fixed. I've just downloaded your image and I got the same result: some artefacts and blurring at 50%, more at 25%.
((Pixelmator Pro 1.1.5 Monsoon on macOS Mojave 10.14 on MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015))

The people at Pixelmator are usually pretty good at keeping a presence in the forums but I get the impression that if they're rushed off their feet, visiting the forums is the first activity they drop. I'd recommend, if you haven't already, emailing this to support@pixelmator.com. That way it'll get straight into their bug-tracker.

The good news is that I've yet to see it on any output (either print or export) but that doesn't stop it from being a pain.

All the best.

- Stef.

2018-10-15 11:04:22

Hi Stef!

Thank you for your reply! I had contacted with guys from PX right after my post. They know about this issue and as far as I know they working to resolve it in a month.

Best regards,
Vlad

2018-10-16 08:33:57

Stef's right, we've definitely been rushed off our feet the past few weeks, but things are just settling down and I'm baaaack! Also, this is just a rendering issue, the zoomed out preview gets optimized and has these issues, but the actual image is intact. We're working on a fix. :ok_hand: