Open with.. opens images as layers not as separate documents

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-11-01 18:20:52

Here's the thing. On Mac we can do an "Open With" and wait on it to show us the list of programs we can open a file with, (this works great for Pix. Pro), OR we can Right click on a file and "Open with Pixelmator Pro" is already added at the bottom of my dialog window so I "shouldn't" have to do the Open With and wait for it to open the program list.

Today I'm trying to open about 10 images or more at a time, which I can do just fine if I wait on the programs list and choose Pix. Pro from there. But, what I see today (which I haven't seen prior to this) is all the images I choose are opening as layers, not as separate images. Shows thumbnails on the left side instead of the tabs at the top as it should.

Now in my defense and yours lol, I have only been editing an image or 2 at a time for months, so that may be why it hasn't done this before today on me, but today I am doing 3 galleries of 25+ images each for a website, and the above is what is happening with choosing directly from the first dialog box at the bottom of it. I would "think" the 2 ways to open the images should do the same thing, but they most definitely aren't.

2018-11-05 12:08:34

Hi Jo, I'm gonna be honest here and say that sounds like a very strange issue! :smiley: We'd love to take a closer look at it, though, could you possibly create a screen recording of this and share it with us at support@pixelmator.com?

Thanks in advance!