A serious bug

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-12-17 11:41:17

When I use Pixelmator Pro on my iMac Catalina, the app refuses to react. I get a circular rainbow, turning like mad around, and it does not react on my typing or mouseclick!
I have discarded my app and bought a new one, but that doesn't operate too like I want.

What can I do?

2019-12-17 11:57:19

Hi Pieter, do you happen to also use the PopClip app on your Mac? If so, make sure you've updated to the very latest version of it as there was temporarily a conflict between the two apps as reported here:

viewtopic.php?t=17215&p=54270

If you don't use PopClip, I'd really appreciate it if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com — we'd take a closer look at what specifically could be causing this!

2019-12-17 17:39:32

by Andrius 2019-12-17 10:57:19 Hi Pieter, do you happen to also use the PopClip app on your Mac? If so, make sure you've updated to the very latest version of it as there was temporarily a conflict between the two apps as reported here:

viewtopic.php?t=17215&p=54270

If you don't use PopClip, I'd really appreciate it if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com — we'd take a closer look at what specifically could be causing this!
Pieter: Hi Andrius, thanks for your reaction. How can I download PopClip, and what is the function?

2019-12-17 17:56:48

No, you don't need to download PopClip — I was merely asking whether you happen to use it already as that could have been the cause of the issue. As you do not use it, it would be great if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com about this. Thanks in advance!

2019-12-18 14:20:53

Thank you, Andrius, for your response.
In the mean time I followed your advice and sent a mail to support@pixelmator.
And I got already a message back from them, with a request to send them data about the job I tried to perform whem pixelmator showed this bug.

2019-12-19 09:29:38

Glad to hear it, I hope we'll be able to help you with this!

2019-12-26 17:09:57

Hi, Andrius!
In the mean time I have used Pixelmator Pro to my satisfaction. But now again I got this turning rainbow.
With my Activity Readout I got the message that PP is not working. And I forced it to stop.
But now I cannot restart PP. That is to say, when I say "open" to my PP icon on my desktop, I get, as usual the PP icon in my dock.
But from that I cannot open it as usual.
Pleas can you help me?