Ouvrir une image depuis Photos très long / Open an image from Photos is very long

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-12-23 11:04:20

Bonjour,
j'ai la dernière version de Pixelmator Pro 2.03 installée sur un Macbook pro 16 pouces et macOs Big Sur 11.1
Lorsque j'ouvre l'application et que je souhaite charger une image depuis Photos, le temps d'ouverture des images est très long, en moyenne 35 secondes.
Avez-vous une solution à apporter à moi car j'ai les toutes dernières configurations matérielles et logiciels et c'est anormalement long ?

Hello,
I have the latest version of Pixelmator Pro 2.03 installed on a 16 inch Macbook Pro and macOs Big Sur 11.1
When I open the application and want to load an image from Photos, the opening time of the images is very long, on average 35 seconds.
Do you have a solution to bring to me because I have the latest hardware and software configurations and it is abnormally long?

Voici pour illustrer mes propos :

Il faut 15 secondes en moyenne pour avoir cette fenêtre, puis 20 secondes pour afficher les photos :

2021-01-04 18:26:21

Hi there, could you check if this works quickly for you in Keynote or Pages, for example? We use the same Apple framework, so I'd just like to make sure whether this is an issue with the framework or something on our end. You'll need to click the Media button in the toolbar and choose Photos.

2021-01-04 19:08:23

Bonjour,
Effectivement,l'ouverture de Photos via Media est aussi longue avec Pages et Keynote. Cela vient donc de mon ordinateur ?!

Hi,
Indeed, the opening of Photos via Media is also long with Pages and Keynote. So it comes from my computer?!

2021-01-04 19:16:02

by Démange 2021-01-04 16:09:06 Bonjour,
Effectivement,l'ouverture de Photos via Media est aussi longue avec Pages et Keynote. Cela vient donc de mon ordinateur ?!

Hi,
Indeed, the opening of Photos via Media is also long with Pages and Keynote. So it comes from my computer?!
It's most likely a macOS issue, it won't necessarily be a problem with your computer specifically but it could be a recent bug or something else. You can try contacting Apple Support about this and see what they have to suggest.

If they can't help, we can try to report this bug to Apple ourselves, but in that case, we'd need a little more information from you about your Mac, the size of your Photos library, etc. Though it would be great if you could try getting in touch with Apple Support first, if possible. :pray:

2021-01-04 19:23:44

Je ne vais pas vous embêter avec ça, puisqu'il s'agit d'un problème spécifique à macOS sur mon mac. Je vais me renseigner de mon côté. En attendant je vous remercie pour votre réponse. Continuez comme ça votre logiciel est génial !

I’m not going to bother you with that, since it’s a specific problem for macOS on my mac. I’ll look into it myself. In the meantime I thank you for your answer. Continue like this your software is great!

2021-01-13 04:06:44

Hi there, I have this same issue - except the photos NEVER load. It eventually loads my album titles but the photos area is just an endless spinner. Though, the same seems to happen with Keynote so idk

2021-01-13 19:31:38

Good evening, I just tried to create a new photo library with some pictures and it works. The opening is almost instantaneous. I think the problem is my photo library.
39,000 photos and 775 videos for about 286 GB. Does it take time for the opening? And do you have a lot of photos and videos? Professionals must have a lot more?!

2021-01-15 16:53:28

by Démange 2021-01-13 17:31:38 Good evening, I just tried to create a new photo library with some pictures and it works. The opening is almost instantaneous. I think the problem is my photo library.
39,000 photos and 775 videos for about 286 GB. Does it take time for the opening? And do you have a lot of photos and videos? Professionals must have a lot more?!
I think the Apple API we're using might be a little slow with large libraries and, unfortunately, this isn't something we can really improve without redesigning the Photos browser. This is actually in our plans, but it will take a little while.

The short answer is – if it's slow in Keynote/Pages, it will be slow in our browser too. If it's really ridiculously slow or never, we should report it to Apple because there's a bug. So, JackWalsh, if you could shoot us an email at support@pixelmator.com with more info, we'd check this out.