Crop tool does not magnet to objects, only to the middle point and the corners of the canvas

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-06-06 08:56:48

I'm not sure is it intentional to be that way or not, but it would be nice to at least have an option to magnet the cropping to text and other layers/objects.

2021-06-06 09:51:39

Image Hey there! if you go up to the Toolbar you'll see a little button (as circled in my example screen shot), click on that, then click 'Show Grid'. this'll enable the Crop tool to snap to the lines of the grid. Also, heading up to Pixelmator Pro > Preferences > Rulers you'll be able to adjust how fine the Grid is, Gridline Every 200 Pixels works well for most photos.
Another more manual way is to go up to the same Toolbar Button, clicking it again and selecting 'Show Rulers'. Then click and drag from the top or side measuring bars to make a new ruler, the crop will snap to any rulers you make.

2021-06-08 10:52:23

by Piipperi 2021-06-06 05:56:48 I'm not sure is it intentional to be that way or not, but it would be nice to at least have an option to magnet the cropping to text and other layers/objects.
We have this improvement in mind for future Crop tool updates. :wink: Turning on the grid or adding guides are great suggestions in the meantime!