Disappearing or truncated layers on web export

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-06-15 07:49:24

I have a series of simple images, just a dozen of bitmap and text layers, no effects, and when exporting to the web (K), certain layers sometime disappear or are truncated.

- Right now, when I choose .jpg @0.5, text elements are randomly truncated.

- Yesterday, the whole image would sometimes be blank (empty).

- Randomly duplicating or hiding layers sometimes solves the problem.

These are not just display bugs, because the problems are visible in the exported images...

Potentially a deal-breaker :(

2021-06-16 08:47:45

Hi! This sounds like something that shouldn't be happening. Would it be possible for us to take a could take a closer look at some of these files? You can share them here or send them to us at support@pixelmator.com. It'd be interesting to poke around a bit and see if we can figure out what's causing this.

2021-09-18 21:42:53

I've had exports from Pixelmator Pro be blank as well. Here's what I found out. When I exported to an external drive (I was editing FCPX onto an external SSD), the exported files always were blank. When I exported to my desktop, no problem -- perfect export. I then moved the file from the desktop to the SSD -- again, no problem. So, I adjusted my workflow to accommodate this oddity.

2021-09-18 23:52:32

Sounds like this (solved) issue here probably: https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 12&t=19036

2021-09-21 10:56:10

Yep, it's a macOS 11.5 regression that's been fixed in macOS 11.6. There's a post you can check out here for more details.