Crop tool doesn't allow rotations by less than 0.5°

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-07-17 16:06:55

I opened an image and activated the crop tool. I then selected [with the crop tool still active] part of the image for cropping and rotated it by 0.2°. When I released the left mouse button, the selection rotated back to 0°. I tried to rotate with the Apple key pressed, as the Apple key turns off snapping with other tools, but to no avail.

Workaround: rotate first with the transform tool, where you can enter the precise rotation, then crop as usual.

The current snapping behavior is useful when accidentally rotating the cropped area. But it should be possible to override this, and to rotate the cropped area by less than 0.5° by pressing the Apple key.

As it's already possible to increase/decrease the rotation by clicking on the icons right/left from the rotation slider, it also would be great if clicking on them while holding the shift (or another modifier) key would change the rotation not by a single degree, but a tenth of a degree for precise rotation.

Hardware info: iMac 2019, macOS 10.4.6, Wacom tablet.
Pixelmator Pro version: 2.1.2 Coral.

2021-07-21 09:48:57

Hey Kristine. That's a known issue — there will be improvements to this behavior in the next Pixelmator Pro update. :pray: In the meantime, using the Rotation slider in the Tool Options pane or typing in the desired value in the Angle should also work without having to exit the Crop tool. Hope that helps!

2021-07-21 14:57:25

using the Rotation slider in the Tool Options pane or typing in the desired value in the Angle should also work
The rotation slider snaps to 0° for angles less than 0.5°, and I'm afraid I don't see the Angle input field. These are the tool options I see when activating the crop tool (in German, I'm afraid): Image

2021-07-21 21:36:34

above the angle slider click on the 0º and it will turn it into a text field, enter in '0.2' and it should change for you!

2021-07-23 13:39:56

Thank you, that worked! Talk about hiding in plain sight...