Problem with Creating a Layer from a File - Using Extension

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-07-25 20:21:58

I love PXP and it works well as a Photos app extension. I edit my RAW format photo from the Photos app and then call the Pixelmator Pro extension, do my editing, and then save.

However, sometimes I want to add my photo signature to the photos. When not using the extension, I can click the "+" in the layers and then Choose (or Shift-Command-V). I select the PXD file that contains my signature, position it, and then save.

However, when I try this workflow when I have opened the photo using the extension, I can select the signature file but the new layer does not get added to my layers.

I would think it should be possible to do this. If not then shouldn't the program tell me it's not possible (instead of making me think I can create a layer from a file and then not creating it? And is there a workaround? All I have figured out is to go into Photos, then choose Edit With Pixelmator Pro (not using extension). But when I do that all my edits are not saved and the RAW data seems to be lost.

Please advise!

Danny

2021-07-26 10:41:30

Hi Danny. Thanks for letting us know — this sounds like something that shouldn't really be happening. If you haven't already, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com with more details about your Mac, Pixelmator Pro version and, if possible, a recording of how this issue looks like on your Mac? We'll investigate this further.