Stroke on texts having an unwanted spike (especially other languages and random characters)

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-09-19 18:29:39

This is unexpected. I really like pixelmator pro a lot why would you screw up something like stroke 🤕

2021-09-19 20:44:12

As long we don´t have access to the "miter-limit" of Bézier-Curves that´s pretty much unavoidable and not restricted to PixelMator Pro.

2021-09-20 02:54:58

by EllenM As long we don´t have access to the "miter-limit" of Bézier-Curves that´s pretty much unavoidable and not restricted to PixelMator Pro.
But Photoshop seems to be handling this quite nicely in my opinion. What's special there?. I'm sorry if I'm dumb to not know about the difference between PS and Pixelmator pro. Thanks for your reply anyway 🥂

2021-09-20 08:09:26

These are 2 totally different things.
1. While the "spikey" look comes from a thick outline where we can´t control the miter limit "https://stevencrawley.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/what-is-the-miter-limit/" - the "break even point" at a corner so to speak.
2. the rounded "blobby" look can achieved in Pixelmator Pro when text is converted into shape (and shapes are merged)
if that´s what you really want:
I attached an example file:
I would have attached a pxd file but it´s not allowed - for whatever reason. :flushed:

2021-09-22 17:22:36

That's really helpful thanks. So just for clarification PSD does strokes to text by considering them as shapes and pixelmator pro have two options ?

And is it possible to edit the the text after converting it to shape?

2021-09-23 13:45:58

by Thuva Sooriya And is it possible to edit the the text after converting it to shape?
Unfortunately not that I´m aware of. Converting text to path is irreversible. But adding thick stroke is easy enough and keeping duplicates as editable text. Not the answer you´re looking for though - I guess.