Black dmg files

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-09-30 14:54:49

My DMG files all turn out totally black, when opening in Pixelmator. I have the lastets Pixelmator and uplaoded the file through your upload: http://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/SDIM1036.DNG

Cheers, Markus

2021-09-30 20:19:52

This is how it looks by opening with Pixelmator Pro:

2021-10-02 11:34:37

strange, I will try on another computer - i am on 10.14 Mojave and definitly all dng will turn out all black.

2021-10-04 11:31:43

by markewi 2021-09-30 11:54:49 My DMG files all turn out totally black, when opening in Pixelmator. I have the lastets Pixelmator and uplaoded the file through your upload: http://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/SDIM1036.DNG
Hey Markus. Have you tried opening the image in Preview or editing it in the Photos app on your Mac? If the image is displayed incorrectly there, it should indicate a system-level issue, most likely Apple RAW engine-related one.

2021-10-14 19:22:09

I tried it with preview and some dmg will display correctly, others will turn black 1-2 seconds after I open them. It happens as well on another computer. The ones, that are displayed correctly in preview turn out black with pixelmator though. On the iPad with pixelmator it works correctly. Strange - I would upgrage the OS but i'm stuck on mojave due to some 32 bits apps I need..

2021-10-15 12:34:30

by markewi I tried it with preview and some dmg will display correctly, others will turn black 1-2 seconds after I open them. It happens as well on another computer. The ones, that are displayed correctly in preview turn out black with pixelmator though. On the iPad with pixelmator it works correctly. Strange - I would upgrage the OS but i'm stuck on mojave due to some 32 bits apps I need..
Understood. In such a case, it would probably be best to notify Apple about this. Perhaps they'll be able to help out without having to upgrade.