Motion export not 1 to 1

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-12-27 04:35:53

Hi,

First, Wanted to say I am glad to see Motion support in Pixelmator; Lately I have been using Motion for small animation
jobs instead of dealing with the "company that shall not be mentioned" and "Witches & Wizards". (kudos to you
if you get the references...

Anyway...while trying to validate a tooling workflow from Pixelmator to Motion, I noticed a lot of my design work was
not carrying over. So I decided to create a little fun test project by re-creating part of the Apple M1 Pro/Max section of the website.
Design was easy enough to reproduce with Pixelmator tools and I found everything I need to do most of the work I would
want to do...except Artboards...would really love it if you guys added that feature..

Here is the design in PM Pro:

Motion:

Seems something are being ignored or converted, breaking the design:
- Any element with effects seems to be rasterized
- Text styles (paragraph) in this case; or bounding areas are ignored/
- Gradient styles are not exported with some elements

There are a host of everything....I am guess this implementation is just initial support and you
guys are working on transferring more information over in future update. For now...the only thing
for me that seems to work 100% is vector shapes and already rasterized elements.

2022-01-05 10:53:51

Hi Regi, thanks for the feedback! :pray: I believe Andrius has answered most of it in this thread here. But certainly, this isn't the last iteration of Motion support and we'd love to keep improving it. And if you have any project files where you think we could do better — we'd be happy to take a look at them at support@pixemator.com and save them for future reference.

2022-01-06 12:37:38

by Aurelija Hi Regi, thanks for the feedback! :pray: I believe Andrius has answered most of it in this thread here. But certainly, this isn't the last iteration of Motion support and we'd love to keep improving it. And if you have any project files where you think we could do better — we'd be happy to take a look at them at support@pixemator.com and save them for future reference.
Hi Aurelija,

Thanks for answering...I am traveling right now...but as soon as I can...I will upload some files for your team to look at. One other strange thing I notice...the projects seem to all be locked at 25fps during export with no way to adjust them.

2022-01-12 14:01:20

by Regi E. 2022-01-06 10:37:38
Hi Aurelija,

Thanks for answering...I am traveling right now...but as soon as I can...I will upload some files for your team to look at. One other strange thing I notice...the projects seem to all be locked at 25fps during export with no way to adjust them.
Awesome, whenever you find the time. Yep, the 25fps lock issue is a known Motion limitation. We haven't figured out how to work around this yet but we're considering different options.