Pixelmator Photo on 2018 iPad Pro - my settings menus have vanished, and I can't get them back.

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-11-15 01:13:31

I have purchased Pixelmator Photo for iPad a few weeks ago. It seemed to be fine, but tonight I went to edit a photo. Somehow all the menus, choices, and controls vanished - all I have is the picture in the middle of the screen.

I was reading about this in the forum, but people are suggesting making changes from the menu - but I don't see a menu. All I have is the iPad, and I have no idea how to get to where I can change anything.

It seems like I went into a mode to just view the photo - but I can't get the sidebar with all the controls back.

I removed the app, and re-installed it - but no change.

I see three dots at the top of the page, with the file name below them.
At the left there is "cancel", a line that goes to the right, up, and left, another circular line that goes counter-clockwise, and arrows to the right and left.

At the top right there are six editing controls, and the word "done".

Can someone please tell me how to restore Pixelmator to the way it was when I first installed it?
Here is a screenshot I just took:

2021-11-15 15:43:58

Hi Mike. Have you tried tapping any of the six controls? These are your Pixelmator Photo tools and you can use them to enter different editing modes — cropping, retouching, adjusting image colors. So what you'd need is to tap the Color Adjustments tool to bring up your color adjustments.

By the way, your screenshot shows the image preview when browsing in Photos. You just need to tap Edit to enter the editing mode. But I suppose that's not what you're referring to?

2021-11-15 16:10:40

"Edit" - That is exactly what I was looking for - thanks!!!!!

2021-11-15 18:11:36

Ah, phew! I was already concerned there's a bug of some sort. :sweat_smile: You're very welcome!