Anyone else having trouble redownloading the App on your iPhone (purchased on iPad)

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2021-12-16 18:01:04

I purchased Pixelmator Photo on my iPad some time ago and today tried to download the app to my iPhone (13 Pro Max) and unfortunately Pixelmator Photo is not listed in my "Purchased Apps" on my iPhone but is listed on my iPad (both are logged in to the same Apple ID).

The App Store won't allow me to redownload the app on my iPhone and shows that I have to purchase it at the current price.

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can solve this problem?

I opened a support ticket with Pixelmator (included my proof of purchase) but thought I'd come here to see if anyone else had the same problem and was able to solve it.

Thanks!

2021-12-16 18:33:43

Hi there! Try actually purchasing the app – there's a weird App Store quirk here, but it should say you have a prior version and let you get it for free.

2021-12-16 18:37:14

Yes, I had the same issue. - Andrius’ solution worked for me. Thanks!

2021-12-16 18:43:44

Well, Andrius’ solution worked for me too. Weird quirk since the App Store makes it appear that you're actually making a new purchase and then pops up a window saying you have a previous version and can download it for free.

Sure makes it seem like you're spending money until suddenly it doesn't.

Thanks so much for the help.

2021-12-16 18:58:30

No worries, glad to hear everything worked out in the end! The experience here is definitely sub-optimal, but hey – as long as you're all able to get the app on your devices, we're happy.

2021-12-17 15:01:07

Wow, thanks for this. I’ll use the iPad mostly but having an iPhone version is a fantastic tool. The procedure worked.