Bug importing photo using share sheet when Photo isn't running

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-01-02 13:44:03

Hi. I've got a consistently repeatable bug on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro (latest version).

If Pixelmator Photo (v2.0.2) is not running and I use the share sheet from the photos app (or messages or email apps) to send a photo directly to it, the screen goes black and stays that way. It's Pixelmator Photo that's showing the black screen - the task switcher shows it.

If I force-kill Pixelmator Photo, then open it and go back to the app I want to share a photo from, the share works instantly.

This happens every single time. I've removed the app and reinstalled it, but the issue is still there.

I've taken a screen recording but it looks like I can't attach it here. I'm happy to send it to anyone who thinks it would help.

2022-01-03 04:52:27

You are doing better than me. Having Photo running or not makes no difference to me, the Share function invariably leads to a spinning "Importing image" that typically fails. See my message in this forum on Dec 19.

2022-01-03 23:08:25

Yea. It just doesn't work.

2022-01-13 12:54:30

Thanks, everyone for the reports. We've just released Pixelmator Photo 2.0.3 with a potential fix for this Share extension issue. We'd love to hear if everything's working for you now! :fingers_crossed:

2022-01-13 20:09:05

by Aurelija 2022-01-13 01:54:30 Thanks, everyone for the reports. We've just released Pixelmator Photo 2.0.3 with a potential fix for this Share extension issue. We'd love to hear if everything's working for you now! :fingers_crossed:
Definitely seems to be fixed on my iPad. Thanks.