Local Adjustments / Masks + Denoise + Clarity

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2020-09-28 07:59:44

I partly went to Lightroom for local adjustments in the last months and I have to say I just don't like working with it. Pixelmator Photos feels much more modern and polished (and performant) its just the missing features photographers usually always use:

- Local adjustments + masks (and if possible with the full feature set instead of being limited to only 20% of all tools when using make as many other apps do it)
- Removing noise
- Clarity adjustment

I hope that one day we will see those realized :)

2020-10-06 10:40:47

All those are in our plans, so I think you'll see them added eventually. :raised_hands:

2020-11-07 05:33:50

These three features are exactly my Top 3 missing things in Pixelmator Photo. I hope that they will be added soon.
It would excellent if local adjustment will be added with advanced Apple Pencil suport (adjustment brush size with pressure or tile, two-tap as switch to eraser and etc.)

2020-11-18 13:20:35

These are also my top feature missing. Do you have an idea of roadmap? I know giving estimates is dangerous because then people can be demanding but are we talking months, years?
I would love a local adjustment brush tool as they have implemented it in lightroom - no need to create a layer or anything you just start painting on.

Other than that, I think this is easily the best editing software on the market, and the integration with photos is unparalleled!

2022-04-25 16:27:25

I’ve posted this elsewhere but also want to add here: I use Clarity sometimes, but dehaze a lot more. I’d love dehaze.