Review when editing from external storage

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-01-17 14:51:50

I convert my RAW images to .photo and save to cloud storage for editing. I would like to be able to scan through images (swipe left/right) in a review mode when I open the file. When bringing up an image from external storage it goes directly to edit mode so you have to close that image to open the next.

+1 for local edits
+1 for noise reduction

Thanks for the great work.

2021-01-22 14:15:34

Thanks for the feedback, Ed. Local adjustments and noise reduction are definitely on our roadmap! As for the image previews — we're limited by the Files app-based browser structure here. You could try different browser views (icons or columns) to see if that helps, though.

2021-01-22 14:34:37

Thanks for the info. Not being able to quickly switch photos makes it difficult to compare similar shots to determine which is the one I want to edit and keep. If you can come up with a way to compare photos on external storage would be helpful.

Have you considered putting in a “Donate” link? When you add local adjustments and noise reduction I for one would be happy to chip in more for the effort.

2021-01-22 15:02:29

We'll see what we can do. And thanks so much for the support! We don't have a "Donate" link as such but if you know someone looking for an image editor — a good recommendation would certainly go a long way. :blush: