iPad version of Pixelmator Pro

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-11-15 11:37:24

Any plan to have the iPad version of Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-15 13:50:43

Hi Jimmy Lim. I doubt it would be possible for us to bring Pixelmator Pro over to iPad in its entirety but we'd love to make more of its cool features also available in Pixelmator for iOS and Pixelmator Photo, for sure!

2021-11-16 11:38:06

iOS版Pixelmator和Pixelmator Photo都太久没有新功能了,希望惊喜早点到来

2021-11-23 03:08:18

One feature I would request: convert text to pixels

2021-11-25 16:23:10

by Loongshifu Yeong 2021-11-23 01:08:18 One feature I would request: convert text to pixels
That's already possible in Pixelmator for iOS, if that's the app you have in mind?

2021-12-19 14:31:38

Pixelmator Pro on ipad would be a killer combo! On Mac it became my favorite app for creative work. By the way when are we going to have Luts, black and white, vignette and grain in Pixelmator Photo?

2021-12-19 15:57:25

by Aurelija 2021-11-15 13:50:43 Hi Jimmy Lim. I doubt it would be possible for us to bring Pixelmator Pro over to iPad in its entirety but we'd love to make more of its cool features also available in Pixelmator for iOS and Pixelmator Photo, for sure!
Looking at what affinity photo for ipad does, I would think that the platform is capable of it. The current iPads are extremely well specced, much more so that the 2016 MacBook Pro I used Pixelmator photo on and I know we’d all love you for it!

2021-12-20 11:09:26

by Ricardo Pixelmator Pro on ipad would be a killer combo! On Mac it became my favorite app for creative work. By the way when are we going to have Luts, black and white, vignette and grain in Pixelmator Photo?
It's awesome to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Pro! Pixelmator Photo already has vignette and grain adjustments available (you can add them to the list of adjustments if they're not there already). As for LUTs — they should be coming in the next few updates.
by David Haworth
Looking at what affinity photo for ipad does, I would think that the platform is capable of it. The current iPads are extremely well specced, much more so that the 2016 MacBook Pro I used Pixelmator photo on and I know we’d all love you for it!
Ah, the pressure mounts! :smiley: No promises but we'll see what we can do.

2021-12-27 22:20:43

As a first step, I would like to be able to either:
* export for Pixelmator Pro to .pxm , or
* import .pxd in Pixelmator for iPad.

My most recent need for this was:
* I designed something in Pixelmator Pro on my Mac (saved as .pxd)
* I saved it in a cloud folder shared with my wife,
* She then needed to adjust some text in that document on her iPad. Couldn't do it.

(I know that .psd is a workaround for this, but it means that I have to go and sit at my desktop to export to .psd , which kinda defeats the purpose of cloud collaboration)

2022-01-03 15:24:35

by andrew.vines@me.com 2021-12-27 20:20:43 As a first step, I would like to be able to either:
* export for Pixelmator Pro to .pxm , or
* import .pxd in Pixelmator for iPad.

My most recent need for this was:
* I designed something in Pixelmator Pro on my Mac (saved as .pxd)
* I saved it in a cloud folder shared with my wife,
* She then needed to adjust some text in that document on her iPad. Couldn't do it.

(I know that .psd is a workaround for this, but it means that I have to go and sit at my desktop to export to .psd , which kinda defeats the purpose of cloud collaboration)
Yep, the lack of compatibility between Pixelmator Pro and Pixelmator for iOS is a known pain point for us and we'd like to address it as soon as possible. We'll be adding PXD (Pixelmator Pro) file format support to Pixelmator for iOS and that's planned for the not too distant future, most likely, sometime this year. Hopefully, it won't be a long wait! :)