Perspective transform makes text pixelated

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2018-10-16 15:55:49

Hi Stan77. Make the font size a couple of times larger and apply the effect on the larger text. Then scale it all down to the size you want to end up with. Hope that helps. Btw. Is this in Pixelmator or Pixelmator Pro?

2018-10-17 22:08:16

Then make it *even* bigger! :grinning:

(Pixelmator is a pixel-based app. When you are making that transform you are stretching the pixels out along one of the side. If you're not working with enough pixels, you'll see a jagged edge.)

2018-10-18 08:24:05

Hi Stan.

If you need to get back to a previous version of an image you are working on, as well as undo, Pixelmator supports Apple's versions (File > Revert to > Browse all versions) so if something has gone wrong, you can usually get back to a previous state (I'd recommend making a backup copy first, though).

If you're struggling to get the text as big as you want it within the confines of the image file you are working in, you can always create a new image file that is bigger, make your transformations there and copy/paste back.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I hate to see users struggle – which is one of the reasons why I post so much here – I don't work for Pixelmator, I just try to help out. If there's any problems you're having getting your image back on track, please post back and I'll do what I can to help.

- Stef.