How can I STOP Pixelmator from remembering the files I had open last time

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2019-02-18 20:44:35

I know this is supposed to be a feature, but it wastes so much time. When I close the program, I want it to forget the files I had open in that session (I.e., not re-open them when I re-open the program). I COULD NOT find anything on this by Googling. Can you help?

Thanks!

2019-02-22 15:52:06

Hey Chris, that's actually a macOS setting that Pixelmator respects. You can find it in System Preferences > General. There are two relevant settings: "Ask to keep changes when closing documents" and "Close windows when quitting an app". I've got them both turned on, for example, whereas by default I think at least one of them is disabled.

2019-02-22 18:59:46

I thank you SO much on this! It makes sense that it is not a Pixelmator thing, but I just had no idea how to turn this off.

Thanks!

Chris

2021-05-12 18:33:59

by Andrius 2019-02-22 20:52:06 Hey Chris, that's actually a macOS setting that Pixelmator respects. You can find it in System Preferences > General. There are two relevant settings: "Ask to keep changes when closing documents" and "Close windows when quitting an app". I've got them both turned on, for example, whereas by default I think at least one of them is disabled.
:smiley: Thanks mate.

2021-05-12 18:34:24

Thanks mate!

2023-09-27 21:10:39

I have been using Pixelmator happily for several years. It crashed on me today when I was editing a small file (nothing fancy) and now I can't start Pixelmator because it keeps crashing on startup. I tried turning off the Settings "Close windows when quitting" but it seems to be too late. How do I force Pixelmator to launch without loading the old file? I tried deleting the old files and opening new files but that didn't help. I realize Pixelmator is quite old, but I hope the answer isn't "Buy our new product" to fix a bug.
thank you!
-Zack

2024-01-08 13:32:15

by ZUrlocker I have been using Pixelmator happily for several years. It crashed on me today when I was editing a small file (nothing fancy) and now I can't start Pixelmator because it keeps crashing on startup. I tried turning off the Settings "Close windows when quitting" but it seems to be too late. How do I force Pixelmator to launch without loading the old file? I tried deleting the old files and opening new files but that didn't help. I realize Pixelmator is quite old, but I hope the answer isn't "Buy our new product" to fix a bug.
thank you!
-Zack
Hi Zack,
Exactly the same issue.
Did you succeed?

2024-01-16 12:56:51

Had this issue now, open
~/Library/Containers
and remove all folders with `Pixelmator` in the name. After that I was able to restart the app. Cheers!