Using Pixelmator with Merch by Amazon design template

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2019-02-28 06:38:20

Hello. Has anyone used Pixelmator to design a t-shirt on Merch by Amazon? They only provide a Photoshop template and I'm having difficulty trying to translate the basic Photoshop functions to use in Pixelmator. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2019-03-01 14:43:36

As Merch by Amazon seems to be a somewhat exclusive invite-only service, it's unlikely you'll find someone here with experience of their PSD templates. But if you could share a template with us by uploading it to http://upload.pixelmator.com and pasting the link in your reply, I'd check it out and see what I can make of it. :ok_hand:

2019-03-01 15:26:09

Hello Andrius. Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time. I will upload the template and do what you said. Thanks.

2019-03-02 06:50:22

I appreciate your assistance. Here is the link: http://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/Templa ... 0x5400.psd

2019-03-04 16:27:30

Thanks a lot for sharing that file — it has a Smart Object, which is basically a linked file. That linked file is an image sized at 4500x5400 pixels. It seems they simply require a PNG image of that size to create your merch for you. However, the linked PSD lets you preview your design by editing the separate file. This feature isn's supported in any image editing app other than PS, as far as I'm aware, but as long as you send them a PNG image that's 4500x5400 in size, you'll be OK. If you want to preview the design, you can simply drop it into the template and resize it manually to fit into the area designated for the design.

Hope that helps!

2019-03-06 07:28:05

Andrius, I can't thank you enough for your amazing assistance! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question and provide excellent instructions. Now I am able to complete my project thanks to you. Really appreciate your great help!!!

2019-03-06 13:30:41

Glad I could help!

2020-12-28 15:22:22

by JoeyKingpin 2019-03-01 10:26:09 Hello Andrius. Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time. I will upload the template and do what you said. Thanks.
Depending on the process, you can theoretically print raster graphics on a shirt at lil peep merch, but it'll be pretty poor quality unless your file is huuuuuge. In graphic design, learning how to construct vector graphics is absolutely important.

As for Corel: Don't have any experience with Corel Painter, but CorelDraw is a totally good vector application. Not as good as Illustrator, but it gets the job done and it's still used by many smaller print/sign/decal stores.

2021-06-16 20:51:05

I just uploaded template. will you please tag me when you figure it out? Thanks!!