Crop and save multiple image

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2019-05-11 07:02:10

Hi Gents,
I'm french and newbye in Pixelmatour app for OSX.
I'm looking for a solution to selected multiple image on scan (jpg), crop,and save those ones ?
Is it possible with Pixelmator ?
Thank you very much for your help and your time.

2019-05-11 08:24:23

Hey there, I assume you have one image file with several scanned images inside it? If so, here's one fairly quick way of doing this:

1. Choose the Slice Tool (shortcut: K key)
2. Draw slices around each individual scanned image
3. Customize the export format in the Tool Options bar above your image (I'd use PNG for things like this because I wouldn't want the images to be additionally compressed)

Note that you need to customize and (optionally) rename each slice separately.

4. Click Export for Web when you're done and choose a location to export the files.

The Slice tool is meant more for slicing up designs for use on webpages but it should do a pretty good job for you too. Another option is simply using the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select each image, copy it, and create new images from it. In that case, the steps would be:

1. Choose the Rectangular Marquee Tool (shortcut: M key)
2. Draw selections around each individual scanned image
3. Choose Edit > Copy (or press the Command-C shortcut)
4. Choose File > New (or press the Command-N shortcut)
5. The Clipboard preset should be selected, so you won't have to set the image size yourself, click OK
6. Choose Edit > Paste (or press the Command-V shortcut)
7. Export the image using File > Export

As you can see this workflow is a little more complex but using keyboard shortcuts, it take a similar amount of time. Though what's great about the Slice tool is you can easily resize slices and export multiple images at once. With a selection, you can transform it, but it's not quite as simple.

Anyway, hope this helps!

2019-05-11 15:31:16

Hi Andrius,
Thank you very much for your help.
I find a way with photoshop on my labtop under Windows 10......and it"s almost automatic.
Thank you very once more time.

2021-01-07 04:04:04

by Andrius 2019-05-11 14:24:23 Hey there, I assume you have one image file with several scanned images inside it? If so, here's one fairly quick way of doing this:

1. Choose the Slice Tool (shortcut: K key)
2. Draw slices around each individual scanned image
3. Customize the export format in the Tool Options bar above your image (I'd use PNG for things like this because I wouldn't want the images to be additionally compressed)

Note that you need to customize and (optionally) rename each slice separately.

4. Click Export for Web when you're done and choose a location to export the files.

The Slice tool is meant more for slicing up designs for use on webpages but it should do a pretty good job for you too. Another option is simply using the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select each image, copy it, and create new images from it. In that case, the steps would be:

1. Choose the Rectangular Marquee Tool (shortcut: M key)
2. Draw selections around each individual scanned image
3. Choose Edit > Copy (or press the Command-C shortcut)
4. Choose File > New (or press the Command-N shortcut)
5. The Clipboard preset should be selected, so you won't have to set the image size yourself, click OK
6. Choose Edit > Paste (or press the Command-V shortcut)
7. Export the image using File > Export

As you can see this workflow is a little more complex but using keyboard shortcuts, it take a similar amount of time. Though what's great about the Slice tool is you can easily resize slices and export multiple images at once. With a selection, you can transform it, but it's not quite as simple.

Anyway, hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this, I'm loving Pixelmator everyday a little more!

2021-09-15 12:21:41

Hi,

I just tried this but unfortunately, with Pixelmator Pro 2.1.3, Export for Web always produces 8-bit color PNG's, regardless of the "Reduce to 8-bit color" setting.

To reproduce:

1. Open https://www.fnordware.com/superpng/pnggrad16rgb.png
2. Select the whole image with the slice tool
3. Export to Web, choosing PNG 1x and unchecking all the options

% file *
Slice 1.png: PNG image data, 600 x 600, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
pnggrad16rgb.png: PNG image data, 600 x 600, 16-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

I also tried flipping the "Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images" setting as well as various combinations of the other Export to Web options (compression/transparency/sRGB) without any luck.

2021-09-15 13:53:38

Further to this, I just noticed that when using Export for Web with multiple slices and choosing a non-PNG output format (e.g. JPEG), all but the last slice will still be PNG, i.e. Slice 1.png, Slice 2.png, Slice 3.jpg.

Looks like this feature could do with a bit of testing.

2021-09-27 12:01:45

by Soren 2021-09-15 10:53:38 Further to this, I just noticed that when using Export for Web with multiple slices and choosing a non-PNG output format (e.g. JPEG), all but the last slice will still be PNG, i.e. Slice 1.png, Slice 2.png, Slice 3.jpg.

Looks like this feature could do with a bit of testing.
Thanks for reporting this, Soren (and for sharing some extra feedback via email as well! ;)). We'll try to dig deeper into this.

2022-11-05 14:13:45

Hello,

I checked documentation at https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... -photo/721

When I opened multiple images in each edit tabs, then when I export images, how to export all of image one time by a shortcut?

Otherwise, I need click several time exports or use shortcut of Command+E, is there a shortcut to export all of images in the edit tabs?

Thanks.