Pixelmator Classis no longer working on my iMac

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2021-05-27 14:25:01

Seems like Pixelmator Classic is no longer working on my iMac OS10.13.6! A warning message pops up stating that Pixelmator Classic will no longer work on with my OS and requires OS14 which is not supported on my iMac. I've written to Pixelmator but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

2021-05-28 10:01:39

I believe we've resolved this by email already but if anyone else with the same issue comes accross this thread — drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com. We'll help out!

2021-05-28 20:17:33

Aha! Sorry to have created a parallel thread before finding this. Same problem, but with a Late 2011 Macbook Pro with 10.13.6. App Store has an Upgrade button that just delivers that same PAID-FOR version I have, but it won't run. Just says my trial version has expired and displays a Buy message. I have my receipt from 2012. Expecting PXM to resolve the dilemma. Buying a new computer seems a bit of an extreme request, friends, though I do like the S/W.

2021-06-01 08:33:30

by Algernon 2021-05-28 17:17:33 Aha! Sorry to have created a parallel thread before finding this. Same problem, but with a Late 2011 Macbook Pro with 10.13.6. App Store has an Upgrade button that just delivers that same PAID-FOR version I have, but it won't run. Just says my trial version has expired and displays a Buy message. I have my receipt from 2012. Expecting PXM to resolve the dilemma. Buying a new computer seems a bit of an extreme request, friends, though I do like the S/W.
Pixelmator Classic 3.9.2 is the last version available on macOS 10.13. Unfortunately, for a short time, it was possible to update to version 3.9.3 on incompatible systems due to a fault in the installation requirements. We've fixed the issue since but it looks like your app still managed to get this update, therefore it won't run. Reinstalling Pixelmator usually helps (the incompatible version gets overwritten with the last compatible one) but in case it doesn't, we can also share a direct copy of Pixelmator Classic 3.9.2 directly via support@pixelmator.com.