Where did it go?

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2022-04-27 21:01:28

HELLO

I just bought a new Mac and thought that I had access to Pixelmator on this new one. But I can't seem to find it in the app store to download/update. Do I have to buy it again? The Pro?

Regards Henrik Fevre

2022-04-28 07:53:46

Hi Henrik, Pixelmator Classic is no longer available for purchase from the Mac App Store, however, existing users of the app can still download it from their App Store Purchases list, as long as they're logged into the same Apple ID that they originally used to purchase the app, or are using Family Sharing. You can access your Purchases list by opening your App Store app and clicking your profile icon at the bottom-left of the App Store window.

2022-04-28 16:01:57

Sorry, I've looked there and there is simply no Pixelmator. All other apps that I bought are here and then some.

2022-04-29 03:57:07

by Henrik Fevre Sorry, I've looked there and there is simply no Pixelmator. All other apps that I bought are here and then some.
I agree. It's no longer showing in my purchased list - and no - it is not hidden.

I have Pixelmator Pro - but there's many things I'm used to doing in Pixelmator 'Classic' that I don't want to learn how to do over again- or I find the 'Classic' way of doing the action preferable.

Simon - please look into this. I love your product - best on the market.

2022-04-29 14:15:40

Strange! I'm not sure how much we can influence this App Store behavior from our side, but we'll look into it. In the meantime, if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com and attach some proof of purchase for Pixelmator Classic, we'll be happy to send you a copy of the app directly!