How do you disable Snapping?

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2020-08-18 15:02:45

by Andrius 2020-08-18 03:35:54 Hey there, this was most definitely fixed in Pixelmator and pressing and holding the Command key while resizing a crop selection does not snap it to anything, at least as far as I can see. The same also applies to Pixelmator Pro. Does pressing and holding the Command key not temporarily disable snapping for you?
Hi Andrius,

Thanks. The Command key does turn off snapping. Perhaps it might be an option to consider adding the snapping on / off in in the view -> guides menu as an individual feature

By the way, we should continue that conversation with Jessica Zolmann and a few other people from Priime about creating custom presets for Pixelmator. I'm ready to pitch in some funding for this. Since this is your application, however, we should share the financial input for this task.
Quality custom presets will be an excellent marketing feature for a new version of Pixelmator.
Currently, Priime Styles has discontinued support for their desktop Mac OS app, and that essentially means that at the moment there is no decent application with proper presets by pro photographers that is integrated with the Apple Photos app
Pixelmator should become that mad decent application. With both mobile and desktop Apple apps

2020-08-18 15:50:42

by mr.b33tr00t 2020-08-18 12:04:24
Hi Andrius,

Thanks. The Command key does turn off snapping. Perhaps it might be an option to consider adding the snapping on / off in in the view -> guides menu as an individual feature
Sure, I'll share the idea with the team!
by mr.b33tr00t 2020-08-18 12:04:24 By the way, we should continue that conversation with Jessica Zolmann and a few other people from Priime about creating custom presets for Pixelmator. I'm ready to pitch in some funding for this. Since this is your application, however, we should share the financial input for this task.
Quality custom presets will be an excellent marketing feature for a new version of Pixelmator.
Currently, Priime Styles has discontinued support for their desktop Mac OS app, and that essentially means that at the moment there is no decent application with proper presets by pro photographers that is integrated with the Apple Photos app
Pixelmator should become that mad decent application. With both mobile and desktop Apple apps
Now might actually be a good time for this. I've sent you a quick email. :wink:

P.S. There's no need for you to pitch in! :smile:

2021-02-24 13:30:40

Splendid! Exactly what I expected to drive me to the brink and purchase. I cherished Fireworks (a large portion of Photoshop's force, just less expensive), yet that quit working when I moved to the new MacBook/Retina, so required another substitution application, and this is by all accounts it. Also, the responsiveness of the care staff was the decider. All around done!

2021-02-25 15:30:11

by Elvis James Splendid! Exactly what I expected to drive me to the brink and purchase. I cherished Fireworks (a large portion of Photoshop's force, just less expensive), yet that quit working when I moved to the new MacBook/Retina, so required another substitution application, and this is by all accounts it. Also, the responsiveness of the care staff was the decider. All around done!
:heart_eyes: