I've been using the trial for the past day and have found a bunch of essential features missing that are preventing me from switching from Photoshop.
- Export a path or shape to .svg
- Make a color selection on every instance of a color (not just the ones touching the initial point) e.g like photoshop’s Select > Color Range...
- Clipping Mask
- Adjustment layers? e.g so I can apply an effect to all the layer below
- More advanced perspective warp,similar to photoshop’s perspective warp.
- Facial detection aware warping, similar to photoshop’s liquify face aware.
I'm probabaly missing a bunch but those are the things I noticed when trying to switch.
What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?
I just received a response from Andrius. Nearly everything I've mentioning here is planned for a future update!
Clipping mask is definitely the feature I'm missing the most. Is it coming anytime soon?