Info Bar not showing X Y coordinates

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?

2018-07-26 13:28:12

Hi, the Info Bar is not showing the X Y coordinates of objects of text and shapes.

2018-07-26 21:30:16

That's correct. It does only show cursor position and starting position of a movement and the position change. This is not a bug. But I understand what you mean and will put this in the feature request forum. There is a way to find out about the coordinates of an object and that is by activating the ruler bar and using guides. The question is also (maybe also the reason the feature never made it) where from would you want to measure coordinates? Most software does this from the top left corner of an object but I've also seen software where they use the centre of an object.

2021-01-10 19:40:17

I've been searching for a way to accurately see a layer's coordinates in Pixelmator for years. While the Info Bar shows the coordinates of the cursor, this isn't very useful. It would be much better to be able to see the coordinates of the layer itself within the canvas. Regarding which anchor point to draw the coordinates from, it doesn't really matter, though top-left seems to make sense. It could even be a preference option. Even if I didn't like where the coordinates where based, at least I would have them, and could do the math to transform them myself. This would be an excellent feature.

Thanks,

- David

2021-01-11 12:34:13

by David Condolora I've been searching for a way to accurately see a layer's coordinates in Pixelmator for years. While the Info Bar shows the coordinates of the cursor, this isn't very useful. It would be much better to be able to see the coordinates of the layer itself within the canvas. Regarding which anchor point to draw the coordinates from, it doesn't really matter, though top-left seems to make sense. It could even be a preference option. Even if I didn't like where the coordinates where based, at least I would have them, and could do the math to transform them myself. This would be an excellent feature.

Thanks,

- David
Hi David, this is available in Pixelmator Pro – it's not something we'll likely be able to add to Pixelmator Classic, but we can at least keep it in mind. :pray:

P.S. This seems like an appropriate occasion to share a link to the free trial of Pixelmator Pro.