Chaining temporary often used HUD functions?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator?

2019-01-23 15:59:31

Most are familiar with the "Replace" function when editing text; it would be the usual Find function, followed by a secondary substitution field, which is then only a button option away.

With many ways to achieve the same thing with creative applications I expect that I could be wrong, but I often reach for the "Edit > Select Colour" function (which is not natively amended for the local dialect), then soon afterward the "Edit > Fill" option, this similar to the Replace function in text based applications.

Could there not be a more efficient workflow?

Of course, my request would be one of many disjointed ones, and so its leads me to wonder if the free floating temporary windows that these small functions use could not be chained together in a customisable fashion?

Machine learning is now a feature of the more expensive version of Pixelmator, however, humans are still capable of manually doing things and whether it would be noticed repeat actions, or manually organised, I think that it would speed up users workflow if they could have commonly used options to hand.

This is different to a batch process, as it mainly focuses on providing the user the familiar tools they need to hand, quicker.

2019-01-23 16:12:38

I believe the Replace Color effect might be useful for you here:

http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/tutorials ... ace-color/

2019-01-23 16:33:49

Unfortunately I make pixelart and as such am restricted to just 16 colours :)

In any event, the idea of chaining existing functions would still be the result of this problem of mine, what do you think?

2019-01-24 09:18:59

Yeah, if I've understood the feature suggestion correctly, it would definitely simplify things for you — we do have some ideas for doing this (possibly using AppleScript), so we'll see if we can make it a reality in the future.