Can't drag and drop images from desktop into Pixelmator any more

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-02-22 00:41:28

Hello ... I can't drag and drop images from the desktop into Pixelmator any more. I have a project, want to import a photo and then play around with the image to see what size looks best against a background layer. And then add Text in a new layer.

The images just won't 'stay' when I drag them ... they spring back to the desktop again.

If I go via the Pixelmator Photo Browser and try to import from the Photos App, the photo opens in a new Pixelmator Project, which is exactly the size of the photo and not at all what I want, since the shape of the photo is not the same shape as in my project.

I'd be very grateful for help in solving this, Thanks, SeaDream

2022-09-22 20:02:50

Is there a solution for this. After my upgrade to 2.4.7 Odesa I can no longer drag an image to the Pixilmator app on my Mac dock.

2023-01-02 20:00:06

Still not working with Firefox [108.0.1 (64-bit)]
> macOS Ventura 13.1 (22C65)
> Pixelmator Pro Version 3.2.3 (Lumière)
> Apple M1 Max & or Apple M2

2023-01-03 09:14:15

Hi Johnny, are you saying that you're having trouble dragging an image directly from Firefox onto the Pixelmator Pro dock icon? Is there a particular website you're trying to do this with? What about importing images directly from your local storage, does that work?

David - apologies for missing your message! The issue you're likely referring to was fixed in Pixelmator Pro 2.4.6. Let us know if you're still experiencing unexpected behavior.